This is a completely natural way to heal your acute soft tissue injuries.
PRP (PLATELET-RICH PLASMA) PROCEDURE
PLATELET-RICH PLASMA (PRP) IS COLLECTED FROM THE PATIENT'S PERIPHERAL VEIN
(usually in the arm). 60-120cc of blood is extracted and processed using a centrifuge to separate out the platelet-rich fraction of the plasma which is dense in platelet-derived growth factors. This results in a small injectable volume.
Because the plasma is from your own blood, there is no risk of rejection or infectious disease transmission. This is a completely natural way to heal your acute soft tissue injuries.
1. Draw Blood — Dr. James Benoist and nursing staff will draw your blood (approximately 60-120 cc) and use a multi-step centrifuge process to isolate the platelet-rich plasma.
2. Spin Blood In A Centrifuge — A centrifuge is a medical machine that will apply force to your blood by spinning. This causes the different cells in your blood to separate based on their unique densities.
3. PRP Injection — The PRP is injected directly into the injured tissue under ultrasound guided injection.
Conditions Treated by PRP
• Joint pain resulting from inflammation after an acute injury
• Ligament and muscle injuries
• Tendonitis — i.e. Achille’s tendon, tennis elbow and golfer’s elbow
• Early partial tendon tears
• Poor blood flow
• Scar tissue
Are you ready to get your health back? We can help. Call us at (303) 484-9756 now to book a free consultation with our friendly and supportive staff.
BOOK A FREE
Have a question? Ready to discuss or book your treatment? Submit your information and our office will contact you quickly.